Monday, January 16, 2012

Big Cats

The Zoo had 7 semi-adult lions romping about on Saturday and they were well into the play mood by the time I had found them. I wasn't fast enough to catch some serious play fighting, but I did like how this one turned out.

You may notice the image is slightly smaller than the others, and that is because I did something with it that I haven't done in years, I cropped the picture.

I didn't have a lens long enough to reach out to them and fill the frame, so I ended up with a fair amount of "empty space", so I cropped the image to show what was important. The shot would probably show up ok on a normal sized sheet of paper, but I wouldn't push it past that. One day I'll have a great big lens and be able to make poster sized prints, but not today. Sorry.

No comments: