Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Yup, Still Doing It

I have been dragging my poor girlfriend out to metal shows for photography, and of course the poor thing doesn't like metal, so in an effort to balance things out, I let her pick the next show.
Enter: Pop Punk.
There were a few things different here, one, it was *massively* crowded, standing room only crowded. This city has a much larger affinity for pop punk than it does for metal.
Two, the lighting was better (well, that's a relative term) but it did allow me to shoot at ISO 800, rather than 1600 or 3200.
Three, most of the people at the show were underage girls. I had a difficult time getting anywhere near the stage, so I had to get creative about shooting. Here for example, I was squished in behind (or in front of, depending on your POV) a set of speakers. This is the guitarist from the band Car Party. The music was pleasant, if not my style.

No comments: