Sunday, September 23, 2012

Day 187, PZA

I've been walking for a long time. Car ran out of gas, 2 weeks ago, and there's not much out this way, which is why I chose the back route. I don't really know where I'm going, I just know I had to get away from the city. They cluster there, picking off the living who made a last stand in the confines of the high rises, the warehouses, the apartment blocks.
I'm tired, thirsty, and strung out. I can't sleep for more than a few minutes at a time, even one shambler is too much, can't let my guard down. God only knows what would happen if I ran into a pack of them.
Up ahead is a boarded up nursing home, looks solid from the front, but the back is another story, windows smashed out and doors open wide. It'll have to do, I can't keep going like this. Maybe I'll get lucky and find something good inside. The battery on my Nikon D2x lasts a long time, and I want to keep the journal alive, maybe someone out there can make use of what I've photographed. 

No comments: