Sunday, March 12, 2017

Something New

 Still here, alive and kicking. I know I haven't posted much, because not much has been going on photography-wise. It's winter and not enough snow to make things pretty, but still cold and dreary all the same, which restricts my hobbies to indoors. 
Regardless, here we are, on the cusp of spring. These images were done at a Bluegrass Festival. Certainly not my normal style of music, and it was done as a favour to a friend, so it allowed me a certain level of freedom to pick and choose what I wanted to capture.
All done with my 70-200mm f/2.8 lens, typically at f/4.0 though the lighting was plain. Nikon d7000. Around 1/250th of a second.
As an aside, I've also been experimenting with shooting video, an altogether different set of skills required and I feel like I'm learning things all over again, which in a sense I am. Jury is out whether I will continue with it (it's very labour intensive to compile anything noteworthy) but it's something different. 





No comments: