Sunday, November 10, 2013

Real World Testing

 Laboratory tests rarely reflect the real world. So I thought I'd take out the JC Penney 135mm on a test at the local park. I could not have asked for a better fall day. Near 70 and sunny, the lens performed admirably. I attached it to my Nikon D2x, set the aperture at f/8 and went to town. The pictures you see here have not been adjusted for clarity or sharpness, but have had some colour correction.
The focus on the 135 is nicely damped with a smooth solid feel that never strays from where it's been set. With the built-in lens hood, stray light was kept to a minimum. Store-branded lenses like this (Sears also made some) are hard to find on eBay, so I don't know if they are all this good, or I lucked out here, but ultimately I'm very pleased with the results.


No comments: