Sunday, December 23, 2012

Been Slacking Off

Holidays, work, life, vacation planning, concert going, all these things have conspired to keep me from posting here. 
Well that's my story and I'm sticking to it!
Sometime in Feb of 2013, I'm heading to Belize for a much needed vacation. If I never post here again, it means I didn't come back. Unlikely that'll happen tho, so be on the lookout then for lots of landscape pics. In the meantime, I've been to two local concerts, one metal, one pop-punk (something different for a change)
Aside from the difference in music, the crowds were as different as night and day as well. With the metal show, it's hell's headbangers, and the venue was sparsely populated. With the pop-punk show it was all young girls and packed to standing. I couldn't get within 10 feet of the stage (something I did not expect) so my shots suffered somewhat. I've picked up a longer reach lens for just such occasions, so I'll go better armed next time.
In the meantime, here's a shot from the local metal show, the singer and guitarist for the awesome power metal band, Yesterdays Saints.

No comments: