Wednesday, August 5, 2015

The Heresy Continues

 As you are well aware, I'm no stranger to Black and White photography. If I could find a dedicated dSLR that shot in monochrome exclusively (and that I could afford...I'm looking at you Leica) I'd dump everything and use that for everything.
Well, I got close, these shots are not from my Nikons, but rather a new camera I picked up with some birthday money (thanks!) It's an Olympus OM-D E-M5, certainly a mouthful, and an interesting camera. It's tiny, like too-small-for-my-hands level of tiny, but with the battery grip, it fits, barely. It's micro four thirds format, and has a host of "art" filters built in, one of which is "grainy B/W", of which you see here.
There is a learning curve to using a new camera, and I'm looking forward to seeing what it can do but so far, I'm impressed with it.


No comments: